If you are living in the Philadelphia area and need assistance finding and securing food - there are numerous resources available to you and your family or program participants.
- Philabundance Food Help Line - Philabundance partners with the USDA National Hunger Hotline to connect those in need to available resources. Operators will connect callers to resources for emergency food access and assistance programs. You can reach the USDA National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-HUNGRY or visit Philabundance for additional resources. Check out a complete list of Philabundance member agencies that provide assistance.
- The Food Trust - The Food Trust works to improve food access in Philadelphia communities by collaborating with corner stores to offer healthy options, encouraging fresh food retail development, teaching nutrition education in area schools, and managing farmers markets that provide fresh produce in undeserved communities. Visit The Food Trust to find a farmers market that accepts SNAP benefits.
- Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger - Connects the community with meal assistance programs, provides resources to area food pantries, and hosts nutrition education programs. To find a food pantry in your area visit The Coalition Against Hunger or call 215-430-0556 for information about SNAP.
- Share - Share is dedicated to expanding community access to wholesome and affordable food. Share helps families save money on food - users select the package they would like to receive and choose a host center to pick up their meals. For more information on ordering visit the Share website.
- Philly Summer Meals - Provides free meals for children June-August. Free meals and snacks are available for for kids 18 & under. No registration or identification required. To find a site, call 1-855-252-MEAL (6325), text “FOOD” to 877877, or visit Philly Summer Meals.